Low Fodmap Carrot Cake
Super simple, super tasty and super moist. This carrot cake is a great way to get a greatLow FODMAP dessert done easily.
- 140g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 200g caster sugar
- 250g carrots, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g low fodmap self-raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- 75g butter, softened
- 175g icing sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°c and grease a baking tray. Set aside.
- Step 2 Add butter and sugar to a bowl and mix until soft and creamy.
- Step 3 Then gradually stir in grated carrot.
- Step 4 Pour the eggs into the mix a little at a time.
- Step 5 Add the GF flour, cinnamon, walnuts and baking powder and again mix well.
- Step 6 Pour the mixture in to the cake tin and bake for 50 minutes or until slightly cracking and golden brown on the top of the cake. To be sure, insert a skewer in to the centre of the cake.
- Step 7 Remove from oven and remove from cake tin and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Step 8 Meanwhile, add butter to large bowl and beat until very soft and supple. Add the cinnamon and icing sugar and beat again until thick and creamy.
- Step 9 Once cake is completely cool, add icing to the cake and serve.