Low Fodmap Venetian Meatballs
These meatballs will have you feeling that little bit of 'La Dolce Vita'. This Venetian style with a hint of cinnamon is a great way to pre-prepare a tasty meal that can be brought with you or re-heated at a later stage. Of course, they are at their best served hot out of the oven.
- 1000 gm Beef Mince
- 2 Tbs Cinnamon, powdered
- 2 Tbs Cayenne Pepper, Sweetened
- 2 Tbs Oregano
- 1 Tbs Basil
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup Red wine
- 100gm Parmesan cheese, grated
- 500gm Tomato Sauce
- 4 Tbs Tomato Paste
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh Parsely, chopped
- Step 1 In a small bowl, add the breadcrumbs and red wine and roughly combine. Set aside.
- Step 2 In a large mixing bowl add the beef mince, 50gm parmesan cheese, 1 tbs oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Mix with moist hands until combined.
- Step 3 Add breadcrumb and red wine mixture to the bowl again mixing until well combined.
- Step 4 Again using moist hands, take the mixture and rub between hands to form small balls, around 5 cm in diameter. Place meatballs on plate and place in fridge whilst preparing sauce.
- Step 5 Take a medium size baking tray or dish and add tomato sauce, tomato paste, remaining oregano, basil, cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Stir sauce mixture until well combined.
- Step 6 Take meatballs from refrigerator and neatly place them in the sauce. Gently spoon sauce over and around the meat balls to cover.
- Step 7 Place the tray in to the oven and bake at 175°c for 18 to 20 minutes or until meatballs are juicy and tender.
- Step 8 Remove from oven and garnish with chopped parsley and remaining cheese.