Low Fodmap Cheesy Broccoli
Broccoli and cheese is an easy and delicious addition to a meal or can even be a snack or light meal all on its own. Season this dish as you please, there are so many variations open to you used various herbs and spices.
- 4 Cups Broccoli, whole, chopped
- 50gm Almond Flour
- 40gm Butter
- 1 Tbs Salt
- 500ml Lactose Free Milk
- 200gm Cheddar Cheese, coarsely grated
- Step 1 Cut broccoli into 4 cm florets. In a steamer set over boiling water steam broccoli, covered, until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Step 2 While broccoli is steaming, combine milk, flour, butter and salt in saucepan and gradually heat, stirring continuously being carful not to allow to boil (approx 5 mins).
- Step 3 once mixture is well combined add grated cheese and stir over low heat for an additional 2-3 mins or until cheese has melted and combined.
- Step 4 Remove broccoli and sauce from heat and place broccoli in to shallow baking dish. Pour sauce mixture ove the top covering well.
- Step 5 Place under heated grill (200°c) for approx 10 minutes watching closely to avoid burning. When cheese is bubbling and golden brown, remove and serve hot.