Low Fodmap Skillet Pork Chops
Forget those dry, tough or boring pork chops. Cooking your pork chops as per this recipe will have you sinking your teeth into flavoursome, juicy pork chops for a hearty meal.
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 thick bone-in pork rib chops (size to your liking)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 6 sprigs sage
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbs butter
- Step 1 Heat oil in a large skillet over low-medium. Season pork chops all over with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 Cook pork chops until bottom side is golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Step 3 Turn and cook on other side about 1 minute before turning again.
- Step 4 Repeat this process, turning about every minute, until chops are deep golden brown -8–10 minutes (cooking time will depend on thickness of chops).
- Step 5 Remove pan from heat and add sage, garlic, and butter.
- Step 6 Using a tablespoon, spoon foaming butter and drippings over pork chops, making sure to cover the entire piece.
- Step 7 Transfer pork chops to a cutting board, leaving whole garlic cloves in the skillet, and let rest at least 5 minutes.
- Step 8 Choose to cut away bone or serve with bone in.