This recipe requires an Ice Cream machine for best results.
Low Fodmap Thermomix Salted Pecan Ice Cream
This is simply to die for.
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce (see our recipe in 'condiments' section)
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup lactose free full fat cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 eggs (yolks only)
- Step 1 Add the milk, cream and cup sugar into the TM bowl and cook for 10 mins/90°c/Speed 2
- Step 2 Cool for 15 minutes until <50°c
- Step 3 Restart TM cooking this time for 15 mins/90°c/Speed 3.5
- Step 4 As the TM reaches 50°c, add egg yolks slowly but steadily one after the other
- Step 5 Keep a close eye to ensure the mixture does not boil
- Step 6 Remove TM bowl, then pour custard mixture through a fine sieve in to large bowl.
- Step 7 Pour reserved caramel sauce in to bowl with custard mixture and stir well to combine
- Step 8 Place custard mixture in refrigerator overnight
- Step 9 Remove from fridge and place in to ice cream maker following ice cream maker directions
- Step 10 Place in freezer to firm ice cream further