Low Fodmap Buckwheat Bread
Fresh bread is something that nobody should have to miss out on. This Buckwheat bread is relatively foolproof and perfect for breakfast toast or lunchtime sandwiches.
- 450gm Buckwheat Flour
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs Salt
- 1 Tps sugar
- 50gm Psyllium husk powder
- 4 tbs Ground Flaxseeds
- 2 Tbs pumpkin seeds
- 575ml warm water
- 14gm fresh yeast
- Step 1 Prepare a working surface and lightly flour the area.
- Step 2 Take a large bowl and ensure it is very clean. Mix together the Buckwheat flour, sugar, salt, flaxseeds, psyllium husk and Pumpkin seeds. Set aside.
- Step 3 In another bowl, mix water and yeast together well.
- Step 4 Add coconut oil to the flour mixture and mix in well.
- Step 5 Add yeast and water mixture also, mixing until the dough becomes consistent and has a sticky texture.
- Step 6 Remove dough mixture and place on pre-prepared working surface. Lightly knead the flour mixture ensuring a good even covering of flour and a smoother consistency is reached.
- Step 7 Place back in to bowl and cover with clingwrap. Leave at room temperature for 30-40 minutes allowing dough to proof.
- Step 8 Meanwhile, grease a baking tray well and set aside.
- Step 9 Take dough from bowl and shape in to long rectangle shape.
- Step 10 Lightly brush the top of the dough with coconut oil.
- Step 11 Transfer the dough to the baking tray and cover with tea towel, leave at room temp for another 30 minutes to proof once again.
- Step 12 Meanwhile, heat oven to 220°c and place tray with some ice cubes in bottom of oven
- Step 13 Take dough and use a sharp razor blade to slash the bread around 1mm deep on a regular diagonal pattern 4–5 times.
- Step 14 Bake bread for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown, or when sounding hollow when gently tapped on the base.
- Step 15 Remove from tray and place on cooling rack to completely cool.
- Step 16 Slice as needed.
- Step 17