2-Ingredient Chocolate Cups
We're not sure it gets any easier to create a delicious dessert. With only 2 ingredients, this is both super simple and super decadent.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 200g dark chocolate >85%
- Icing sugar to serve
- Fresh raspberries to serve
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 170˚C
- Step 2 Grease muffin tray
- Step 3 Bring about an inch of water to a simmer in your saucepan. Set the heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir chocolate occasionally as it softens. When you have just a few small unmelted chunks, remove bowl from heat (residual heat will melt the rest). Set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 4 Separate the egg yolks and egg whites. Using a hand mixer, whisk the whites until soft peaks form.
- Step 5 Gradually add the yolks into the bowl of chocolate, whisking. to continuously.
- Step 6 Using a spatula, gently fold egg whites in to the chocolate mixture until completely combined.
- Step 7 Pour the batter evenly in to greased muffin tray
- Step 8 Bake for 30 minutes. Use skewer to insert in to middle of cake, when it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- Step 9 Garnish with icing sugar and fresh raspberries.