Low Fodmap Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip cookies are an important part of the Low FODMAP diet. Why, you ask? Because they are delicious!
- 2 1/3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tps baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 2 tps vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 150gm of dark chocolate, chopped in to small pieces. You could also use dark chocolate 'buds'
- 1 cup palm sugar sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C
- Step 2 Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix well. Set aside.
- Step 3 Place butter in separate bowl and mix with hand or electric mixer/food processor. Add palm and brown sugar whilst mixing. Beat in eggs and then add vanilla.
- Step 4 Add flour mixture to egg and sugar mixture until well mixed. Pour in chocolate pieces/buds. Mix with slightly wet hands.
- Step 5 Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Step 6 With two teaspoons form walnut sized balls and place mixture on baking tray. Leave space for cookies to expand.
- Step 7 Bake for about 10 mins or until golden.