Fluffy LoFo Pancakes
Fluffy pancakes are always a hit. They are quick and easy to make and can be topped with so many delicious Low Fodmap fruits and sweeteners.
- 150ml lactose free milk
- 180g gluten free self raising flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 8 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 8 fresh strawberries sliced
- Step 1 Start with the coconut butter by mixing 1 tbs maple syrup and the coconut in a blender. Mix well, scraping down the sides at regular intervals to ensure a fully blended, smooth consistency. Set aside.
- Step 2 Place GF flour and GF baking powder in to bowl and mix well. Make small well in the middle of the mixture to pour in ingredients.
- Step 3 Add in to well the maple sylph, egg and LF milk. Again mix well, until all lumps have blended. Consistency can be manipulated by adding milk or flour depending on the issue. The mixture should stick to and slowly run off a spatula.
- Step 4 Add a sliver of butter to frying pan and heat over medium heat. Once butter has melted add mixture (amount depends on your preferred pancake size)
- Step 5 Once bubbles being appearing on the surface of pancake mixture, turn over and cook for another minute or so until golden brown.
- Step 6 Best eaten hot out of the pan, however the pancakes can be frozen for a quick go-to LoFo breakfast. (If freezing – Place pancakes in an over tray ensure they are not touching and freeze. Once frozen place in a ziplock bag to keep for a quick bite. This ensures pancakes are frozen separately).
- Step 7 Drizzle with the coconut butter, add some sliced strawberries and enjoy.