Beef Burgundy (Bourguignon)
You wont need a chef to help you cook this restaurant quality meal. High in protein and beautifully integrated flavours from the wine, meat juices and herbs, this dish will become a family favourite.
- ¼ cup rice flour (or arrowroot flour)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 500gms/18 oz chuck steak
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 tsp dry rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Step 1 In a large bowl, place rice flour, salt, pepper and the cumin powder and mix well.
- Step 2 Add meat to bowl and stir until the meat is well-coated in the mixture.
- Step 3 In a medium frying pan, heat coconut oil. Once heated add meat and fry, turning once, until lightly brown on both sides.
- Step 4 Remove meat from pan. Add 1/2 red wine to heated pan and stir through the meat juices.
- Step 5 Peel and roughly chop the carrots and zucchini.
- Step 6 Place everything together in medium-large casserole dish and stir to combine.
- Step 7 Cook for 2 hours stirring every 30 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Step 8 Serve hot with rice or roasted potatoes.