Basic Tomato Soup
This Basic Tomato Soup recipe tastes anything but basic. Soups are such a versatile meal that can be eaten as a main meal or as a pick me up/warm me up snack. Tomato soup with a slug of lactose free cream always seems that little more filling.
- 500g ripe tomatoes
- 350g warm water
- 4 Tbs garlic infused oil
- 40g tomato paste
- 80g lactose free thick cream
- 30g soft butter
- 1 tbs low fodmap vegetable stock powder
- 1 tbs oregano
- 2-3 basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Step 1 Place tomatoes and water in a blender and blend to a puree. Place puree in bowl and set aside.
- Step 2 Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Step 3 When hot add the tomato paste sook for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 4 Add prepared tomato puree, vegetable broth and butter, continually stirring whilst bringing to boil.
- Step 5 Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Step 6 Add oregano and stir until mixed well.
- Step 7 Stir in the lactose free cream at the table. Garnish with basil leaves and add salt and pepper to taste
- Step 8 Serve hot.