LOW FODMAP Fried Ice Cream
Why should anyone on a Low Fodmap diet miss out! This recipe is a super LoFo indulger - use any gluten free/lactose free ice cream to mix it up a little.
- 500g lactose free ice cream
- 2 300g gluten free pound cake bread loaves
- (LoFo, GF pound cake recipe: https://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/classic-gluten-free-pound-cake/)
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cold water
- Oil, for frying
- Step 1 Place 6 scoops of ice cream (the size of a lime) on to baking paper and freeze until firm.
- Step 2 Slice pound cake in to 4cm thick pieces
- Step 3 Lay out two pieces of pound cake side by side and flatten with rolling pin.
- Step 4 Use the flattened pound cake to wrap around the frozen ice cream ball.
- Step 5 Ensure there are no gaps for the ice cream to ‘leak out’ and place in freezer for 1,5 hrs
- Step 6 Mix gluten free flour, eggs and water in mixing bowl to form a batter.
- Step 7 Take a large saucepan and heat oil to 200°C.
- Step 8 Remove ice cream balls from freezer and dip them in batter mixture until fully coasted.
- Step 9 Quickly, yet carefully, place the balls in to the heated oil and remove as as soon as they appear golden brown. (approx. 15 secs)
- Step 10 Place the cooked balls on a plate and powder with icing sugar.
- Step 11 Serve immediately.