That Christmas Feeling Cookies
December 21, 2017
: 10 min
: 15 min
: 25 min
Christmas is upon us and Santa never says no to cookies and milk.
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 200g rice flour
- 45g dried cranberries (1tbsp (13g) dried cranberries can safely be included in the Low Fodmap exclusion stage, and this recipe is the equivalent of 4g per serve, so limit to 3 cookies a day)
- 45g macadamia nut chunks
- Pinch salt
- Red and Green food colouring
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Step 2 Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Step 3 Use electric beaters to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg. Fold in the rice flour, cranberries and salt and mix until well combined.
- Step 4 Add nut chunks in to mixture and combine.
- Step 5 Divide mixture in half and add green colouring to one bowl and red to the other. Mix well to ensure colouring is right through the mixture.
- Step 6 Fold the red and green mixture together. Continue to add by folding rather than blending or stirring until all the mixture is together again in one big green and red ball.
- Step 7 Divide the mixture in to desired cookie sized ball and place on the baking tray (allow room to spread). Stamp cookies with your favourite stamp if desired. Bake for 15 mins or until golden brown. Cool biscuits for 5 minutes and then place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 8 Decorate using some powder sugar or your favourite icing.