Lofo Breakfast Muffins
Cheesy Bacon & Egg Muffins are a quick & easy breakfast recipe for busy mornings! Grab and go egg muffins loaded with cheese and bacon! Stick to 3 muffins in one serving to stay within minimum tolerance levels. Remember to grease the tray very well to avoid sticking.
- 1 tbsp olive oil (+ more for greasing muffin tray)
- 1/2 bunch fresh chives
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 150gm bacon, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach (1 cup)
- 5 large whole eggs, beaten
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup lactose free milk
- 1/3 cup Gluten free flour
- 2 pinches of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 85gm shredded cheddar cheese
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°c. Lightly grease muffin tray.
- Step 2 Heat the garlic infused oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Step 3 Sauté chives with salt for 5 minutes, until soft, add red peppers, tomato, diced bacon sauté for another 5 to 7 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Step 4 In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Step 5 Add the cheese and cooked bacon mixture to the bowl and mix well.
- Step 6 Pour into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until firm.